View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Myself and another 2p2er (myironthumb) are looking at moving to Ko Samui for a year. Looking for a pretty balla place nearish to the beach and needs internet obv. preferably a pool aswell and at least 2 bedrooms.

Anyone recommend any good sites for long term rentals like this?. I've found a few which are solid but i think there may be cheaper to had

cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Down here in the islands, it is almost ALWAYS going to be better to come and stay in a guesthouse/hotel for a few weeks and do some on the ground hunting (preferably with a Thai speaking/Thai person). The best deals are from Thai owners/landlords and NOT from farang owned and English advertised properties.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT

good trick also is to have the thai call them and find out the price before you go check the place out, and have the thai make no mention of the fact that a farang is actually going to be renting it...make them think its for the thai. once they've already quoted you the thai price, they can't take it back [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He speaketh the truth.