View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Live (B&M) 6/12 Lose rate

My 6/12 game rakes 3 dollars (no flop no drop though), takes 1 dollar for the jackpots, and I tip 1 dollar per hand (unless I steal the blinds, in which case I don't tip if I don't like the dealer). Basically, it's almost exactly the same as OP's game.

Two things to consider OP:

1. You should be winning fewer pots than the average player at your table and thus "paying" less rake. This is because you are tighter preflop, presumably.

2. It's fine to tip 1 dollar a hand. Seriously. If they are dealing 35 hands an hour, you're saying those dealers are making $70 an hour, or 140K a year? I'm all for the dealers being well paid and all, but I think 35 bucks an hour + their actual (likely minimum) wage is plenty.

All that said, at my current game my goal has been to win 1BB per hour, after rake. In the last 100+ hours I'm right below that (like .9 or so), and believe that I'm running pretty averagely. I've done some calculations previously on the effect rake has at 3/6, 6/12, and 15/30 at my local card room (which all have the exact same rake structure), and trust me it is sobering to see. Work it out for yourself assuming a true win rate of 2BB per hour and standard rake (assuming 2 to 4 pots per hour), or search for my thread [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My conclusion: At my local card room, 3/6 is practically unbeatable, but 6/12 can be handily crushed.