View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Players Commenting on my tightness

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for all the comments. The comments are made in between hands. Depending on the table, some people adjust to me, some don't. I do use my table image to my advantage to bluff and semi-bluff after I have established my image. The game that I play in though usually at least half the table has played with me before, so I don't need to establish an image because they already have one of me.

Depending on the table, sometimes my raises get respect and sometimes they don't. I was more worried about the psychological effect of the treatment getting to the point of me not wanting to play at the table anymore, however profitable it may be. I know, I should just ignore them and play my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are playing for "respect" or "companionship" then you will need to reevaluate your reasons for playing. If you are playing to win money, then you should play in a manner that wins the most money. I suspect that tight aggressive wins a lot of money in the games you're playing, so focus on the expected value and not the comments. The others are probably just jealous that you are a consistent winner because you're disciplined, they are not consistent winners because they are not disciplined, and you all know it.