View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul\'s racist comments

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As children, they are trained to hate whites, to believe that white oppression is responsible for all black ills, to "fight the power," and to steal and loot as much money from the white enemy as possible. Anything is justified against "The Man."

[/ QUOTE ]

What context was this written in? This statement may be prejudiced if he's referring to black people as a whole, but I don't see how it is bigoted in any way. From my own experiences I can honestly say that I don't think Dr. Paul is that far off base with this comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is it is in context, from Ron Paul's newsletter:

<font color="red">The criminals who terrorize our cities--in riots and on every non-riot day--are not exclusively young black males, but they largely are. As children, they are trained to hate whites, to believe that white oppression is responsible for all black ills, to "fight the power," and to steal and loot as much money from the white enemy as possible. Anything is justified against "The Man." And "The Woman.' A lady I know recently saw a black couple in the supermarket with a cute little girl, three years old or so. My friend waved to the tiny child, who scowled, stuck out her tongue, and said (somewhat autologically): "I hate you, white honkey." And the parents were indulgent. Is any white child taught to hate in this way? I've never heard of it. If a white child made such a remark to a black woman, the parents would stop it with a reprimand or a spank.
</font>

He's asserting in a rather inflammatory way that the reason for the amount of young black criminals is because black children are taught to hate whites, while he also asserts that he's never heard of it in the case of white children, implying that in all cases of hypothetical occurences from a white child, they would be reprimanded by responsible parents, but in the anecdotal case of the black parents, they were "indulgent".

And despite him speaking in generalities about entire racial groups, you don't see the racism. And "based on your experience" you tend to agree with the views anyway.

Amazing......