Thread: $50 nltrn
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Re: $50 nltrn

[ QUOTE ]
Your QQ8 hand: The fact that you reraised pf makes it kinda bad play on villains part. However, hadnt you reraised and I had no reads on you (ie, assuming youre a donk) I might snapcall this the same way. I have never been shown a Q here, ON OCCASIONS 99 or TT but this is sooooooooooooo often a random eight. Its not even funny.

Maybe this is about to change though, Im playing the 55s now as well. Most of my personal experience comes from 11s to 33s.

edit: none of anything in either this post or the one above is the least bit offensive! I wasnt negatively pointing at your sarcastic response either. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of my experience comes from 10s and 20s, but when you see this type of villain, he looks like a transplant from a 20 to a 50.

I thought my push was pretty bad considering villain and the board there too. But the point is "what" is he minraising here, "why" is he minraising here; what is he trying to accomplish with the minraise? And, when a 4-bet smacks him in the mouth, what is he thinking about his A8? Anything at all?

Well, looks like he is thinking that his A8 is strong and that his minraise was made for TWO reasons: 1. Because he was pretty sure (but not entirely) where his hand is at; and, 2. He felt like he is inducing a bluff with it; 3. wtf, I'll call this 4-bet with my hand.

So, you have to weigh in A8/K8 in, IMO. That's enough to make it a push, right?

Barry