Thread: $50 nltrn
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: $50 nltrn

sorry, Yeah, I was being a little sarcastic.

Pacific looks and feels dirty to me.

No, sir, I think this is a push. I see the temptation in playing the hand ANOTHER way, but I think if you do the calculations, you'll see that when he does get it in, you're doing fine considering what is already in the pot.

It's not an easy insta push. I'm sorry for leading on this way. He could be minraising with a set of 6s, two pairs, a trappy AA (less so), a pair + draw hoping to get one cheap while seeing the next card but then calling anyway + an over testing the waters as a bluff/info raise. How to weigh his monsters vs. his retarted value raises v. draw raises and factor in which ones he gets it in v. a push and which he doesn't is a mystery. I still think you have to get it in, tho. There is already 500 in the pot, and if applied different weights to hands and what not, I think that at ~1300 to win 1800 w/ FE + some value against better hands, it's a push.

I can only go with what I've seen in the past when these minraises went to show down (which, they rarely do). Having said that, A8 is definitely in his range, as is K8, and I think that those two hands to "induce a bluff" against AK makes this a push.

I experimented one night, just for fun:

Hero (1500)
Villain (1500)

Villain raises 40, Hero raises to 100 with AJo, Villain calls:

Flop: Q 8 Q.

Hero leads for 140, Villain raises to 280, Hero pushes, Villain snap calls with A8.

It's a different board, but he sure was excited about his A8. I mean, 99+ and a range of Qs can all play the hand exactly the way I did, but villain didn't care.

Barry