View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 10:01 AM

Default Re: WSOP on ESPN thread (10/9 - ME Final Table)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like Kalmar's move there and wish more people would do it. I called you, so turn over your cards. It's simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's also a dick move

[/ QUOTE ]

With the plays Yang was making there was absolutely nothing wrong or dickish about that move.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I think it's MORE of a dick move to lead the action and then try to duck out of showing your cards. I would have made him show every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, in tournaments, I don't think it's a dick move to call a bet on the river and have the villian first show his hand. I actually think this should be a rule in tournament poker (along with DN "HU you can expose a card" rule as well as the "You are allowed to show just one card and not have to show both if all have mucked" rule).

You paid to see the cards, you should be able to see them. I mean, the bettor gets to see the caller's cards no matter what.....it is only fair.

ON FTP when you call a villian's river bet they always show the bettor's cards first. I think it's prudent for tournaments because you don't play that many hands or see many villian's hands, so if they get to showdown, you should be allowed to see the cards without discourse. This is also good for media and fans, too, because they can get to see how people play if they are watching live or via a pokerwire type of website.

Now if it was check-check on the river, THEN you should be allowed to muck freely because no one actually paid a bet to see who wins the showdown.

Now if it was a cash game, then yes, it is a dick move because of standard cash game poker equiette as well as the "gentleman's agreement" that should exist. A simple knock on the table, "you got it", or stating the hand like "9 high" should suffice.