View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Need good plastic cards

I'm surprised so many people here are claiming that KEMs are the best. I think that used to be true, but they've gone downhill while at the same time other card companies have offered better-and-better cards and lots of options not available from KEM.

Dal Negro and Modiano are more paper like, as in they are thicker and have more texture. I suppose that if your hands are too week to turn a doornob then those cards might be hard to shuffle. I can't personally imagine a deck of plastic cards being hard to shuffle because they are too thick. These companies have also recently offered acetate cards. The actete cards from these manufacturers are the new cadillac of poker cards IMHO.

Desjgn cards- I recently played in a home game where these were used. I had heard of them, but never gave them much thought. Well I bought some after I played with them because I was very surprised by how good they felt and more than that how well they handled.

I never once got confused because of the pip layout.

They are a tad slick for my taste, but the slick texture didn't translate to slippery cards, so I can forgive them for that.

They also offer a veriety of colors that I like very much.

For me, I like very stiff, thick, heavily-textured cards, and you can't get any better than Dal Negro in that regard (with Madiano being in the same category). But if the question is, "I'm looking for good plastic cards," I think you should try Desjgn. They handle so well and meet at a nice middle ground between the flimsy KEMs and Copags, and the stiff Dal Negro and Modianos.