View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 02:35 AM

Default Re: **Official uNL/SSNL Coaching Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Baluga coached me for a few sessions at $100/hour for hour and a half blocks.

He would sweat me over skype for the first hour and talk about concepts while i was playing and not involved in anything really interesting and the last half hour was sort of theory talk and new concepts. He is really good at explaining things and helped my game i definitely recommend him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also was coached by Baluga for 100/hr at NL200, sometime around March. I definitely recommend him, and I'm in the process of modeling my coaching program around his. He's a great teacher and is very patient and understanding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had a couple of sessions with Baluga as well and he's definitely a solid coach who can explain his thought processes well and understands a lot about the game. Recently he set off on a 3 month trip around the world and I don't think he'll be taking on new students until he's done and settled back in at home which will probably be December or January. I wouldn't take that as an official statement, but that's my understanding of it considering his current students are on an 'as time permits' basis until then.

[/ QUOTE ]

first, thank you for the positive recommendations. Secondly, the information is correct-- i will not be taking any new students until I am back settled in, probably the first week of January. My current students are on a case-by-case basis and I've recommended other 3-bet coaches to them in the meantime. I look forward to doing more coaching when I'm done with my trip, I really enjoy helping people learn about poker and talking about the game.

NYC was awesome btw, so was Dartmouth, Costa Rica on Sunday... anyone in Boston for the next few days?