View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 01:51 AM

Default Re: Frustrating situations lately.

The most frustrating one, and the reason for my post went like this. It was a live tournament, so there is no actual HH or converter.

It was 3 hands after the first hour break at the Sahara. Average stack was right around 7000. I was at 9800. Blinds of 100/200....no ante.

I'm a pretty significant big stack at my table. I took some rough hits early on, but I made a few plays that turned out really nicely for me(limped in a 7 way pot with 89 spades, hit the straight on the flop.....2 pushers, I call, bingo). This happened twice, obviously with different cards.

I was feeling like I was getting a decent amount of respet at the table, but the others still viewed me as a bit maniacal.

In any case, I was two seats behind the button, and I look down at QQ. 3 Players had limped before me, so I made it 1000 to go. Folds around to the button, a very quiet older guy, who's shown down absolute garbage before. He only has 3600. He's looking at KK, so he gets it all in. Folds over to me, and I feel like this is a spot where I need to call. I do, and the rest is history.

Following that hand, I tightened up WAY WAY WAY too much. I ended up looking at the possibility of broomcorning a few levels later, and ended up convincing myself to push with QJs. I ran into AK, which held up.

Is my big issue with this particular game my QQ hand, or how I played following? Any suggestions how to read the hand a little better? Any thoughts on how to maintain solid play after a seemingly bad decision?

Thanks,
Lars