View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Deal or No Deal - Math geniuses?

I just moved up to 1/2 6 max and had the largest swings I have ever had. One guy hit everything and left up about 150 bucks. Played 80% of his hands, he even hit runner runner 4 times. It was really sick.

Was up 68 bucks then down to -58 bucks then up 70 bucks then down to scratch and then finished up 26.

Its getting real hard not to take these check/raises on every bloody turn personally.

I used to watch Howie on Deal or No Deal. He is from my hometown. Came and did Canadian Deal or No Deal for a week special. Our girls are hotter hehe.

Re. the game its good for math junkies, I used to love pausing it and figuring out what the deal was going to be.

I remember seeing him at Yuk Yuk's in Toronto a long time ago and him telling a story about the time he used to be a barker at a local carnival held annually called the Canadian National Exhibition or CNE.

There is one ride that is called Alpine Run where basically you sit on a bobsled that goes around in a circle up and down extremely fast, I think around 50 miles per hour.
The barker has to yell, "Do you wanna go faster?" as they increase the speed and the whole time you are going backwards so you have no idea what is going to happen.

Well we all know that the final speed push comes when he says "OK get ready here we go" and they bump the noise up and move it a tiny bit faster but of course the adrelaline is going gaga.

Don't forget this is 20+ years ago. Well one time he was bored and instead of saying "OK here we go" he yells out,

"OK everyone make sure you put on your seatbelts because we are about to go UPSIDE DOWN!"

It was in the papers the next day apparently, people fainted and screamed and cursed and threw up because there were no seat belts. He got fired.