View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 01:11 AM

Default Re: Writing to a Utah congressmen--is it a lost cause???

[ QUOTE ]
From your response (and the lack of others), I take it that most agree it would be fairly pointless to write my congressmen.

I'll still wait to see if anyone else responds. I'll also continue to think of a slant that might be persuasive to them. But, I'm not holding my breath.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no magic letter that will change anyone's mind on anything. Fortunately, our letters aren't intended to win debates. We're not trying to convince anyone of the correctness of our position. Rather, we're trying to convince them that WE, their constituents, believe what we believe.

You should write. These guys may not vote for us, but they nay not be so eager to use Internet poker as a risk-free play for the social conservative vote. And they may not be eager to add a prohibition of Internet gaming to the next Republican Party platform, either.

Besides, how hard is it to write? Just go to http://activate.pokerplayersalliance.org and send it. You can send two in less than two minutes. We'll have a new letter up (jointly written by us and PPA) next week. Send that one too. Three letters in three minutes.