View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Re: DO YOU HAVE THE BALLS TO BLUFF CATCH!?!?!?!?

k imma try to address the turn and the infamous river raise here.

first the turn. i feel like i am ahead of villians range here but obv not ahead of his calling/shoving range. so in essence i feel like if i fire the turn i am essentially turning my hand into a bluff when i think i am reasonably ahead of villians range. so while i do in fact give myself protection from his many number of draws... i think by checking i allow myself to gain value on the river by having position and also by underrepping my hand. assuming the river is a blank i think i am in great shape to call/bet or raise depending on his actions and be well ahead of his range on the river. and when a bad river hits (which is prolly like 1/3 of the time or so) then it sucks but at the same time i have position and still think i can make a +ev descion based on wut the river card is and wut he does. hope that makes some sense. pick it apart if u disagree.

now the carazy line. and i am a maniac and still think this is nutz so it must b nutz. lol. but on the other hand if i do raise against this villian he cannot call without the nut flush. and the way the hand played out i dont think he can have very many combos of this (ill go into more detail tomorow sometime)

the problem with it is i honestly dont think he shows up with many combos of hands that are value raising on the river here. as i said i think he is decent and thus i cant really see him value raising here very often. (again i dont think he shows up on the river here with many hands that r capable of valuerasing on the river based on his preflop, flop and turn lines.)

so meh. it is sick and such high varience but blah. not sure if i like it better. let me kno if u disagree with the parts about him not showing up with many combos of either the nuts or those hands that could value raise me and i will give my thoughts on that more specifically tomorow and adress wut u guys r thinkin about it as well.

ill let this thread run some more and hopefully let some more people chime in