View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Does anybody else dislike the Colbert Report???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just find him obnoxious and boring, and half the show the "news" is just about himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's the point. He's satirizing the news shows of right-wing pundits, especially O'Reilly.

[/ QUOTE ]

He kind of is, but he's been going overboard with the book promotions. He may have crossed over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Colbert report is (obviously) much more character driven of a show than daily show and the bits like the broken wrist (and subsequent drug addiction), wrist-strong bracelet and his book are all great little character bits that are the heart of the self-promoting pundit on TV.

But behind everything he is does is positive, his bracelet funds veterans, his book just helps push the idea that pundits are morons, etc. Its a direct inverse to all the other pundits who push worthless books with their own biased and hateful ideas and leech stories from well liked groups for veterans, instead of donating much needed money to them.

It is fine if you don't like the show and I admit it has its faults, but I would accuse it of "crossing over." He has a very clear message and something he wants his viewers to understand and he does a very good job of getting it across.