View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 08:48 PM

Default Re: CFB Early Lines Thread (week of 10/8)

[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ the Badgers resorting to the air and that being a good thing. 2+ picks is a given if Wisconsin has to throw the ball 40 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, that's 40 times for 392 yds,2 TD's. Wis. had the ball a full 8 minutes longer than illinois, indicating extraodinary domination of the game, since it was PASSING THE BALL. Wis. scored it's first 3 pts down 17-0 with 3.52 remaining in the half. illinois scored twice more, once following an int, as i recall, but perhaps twice owing to int's. i do not have a break down by halves of Ill.'s yardage, but the initial scoring burst by Ill. included the preponderance of Mendenhall's rushing (1st half, 100/160 total, ball in wis's possession throughout last 7 minutes of quarter). That pretty much echoes my statement above.

[ QUOTE ]
The big ten criticisms of dynamic offenses, in general though, is an old, tired and incorrect statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, the annihilation of the two premier big ten programs by fla. and usc last year in post season certainly demonstrates how fast and well equipped these teams were to handle the SEC and Pac 10. because a statement is stale, old, and cliched does not rob it thereby of its wisdom. if you havent perceived the enormous gap that has opened between the other major conferences and the big ten, let me advise this mantra: appalachian state. appalachian state. appalachian state.

as to the mizzou material: what manner of interpretation it requires to question the domination of mizzou in that game is beyond me. to this i can only state, after 2 and 1/2 quarters, mizzou 37, illinois 13. 359 yds and 3 TDs through the air. i call this "scoring at will". i will concede the punt return and kickoff return as points. but those occured against an obviously poorly prepared special teams, and underscore the AT WILL portion of my statement. perhaps you regard 4th quarter scores into a relaxed opponent good effort. you're in fine company, Nebraska does too, they like their 21 pts vs usc before their wildly ecstatic fans.

snearing and pontificating are really wonderful substitutes for astute judgment; i wish you good luck in your plays.