View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Re: **2007 AFC South Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Eh...very likely the game is going to be blacked out in JAX. We'll know more tomorrow but it is going to take a miracle to get things to the way we want it. The Jags potentially have 3 more blackout games after this(buffalo, carolina, oakland). Hopefully the team just continues to win and this becomes a non-issue.

Just when you get excited about a team things start getting bleak. Each time this happens I feel like I hear someone in LA get very happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never understood fully the situation down there. Is the JAX owner actively looking to move the team?

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Weaver has actually been pretty adament about keeping the team in Jacksonville. But, lets be realistic. This will be the 2nd game to be blacked out. It is the 47th largest market in the United States, they don't have a sponsor for the stadium when they actively looked for one, and the Jaguars are reported to be the least popular team in the country. Not to mention there is a team in ATL, Miami, and Tampa Bay. Now, I don't think those markets are really hurting Jax but they def don't help the situation.

Its a buisness and I just can't see him sticking it out for much longer if the situation doesn't improve. It is true that their are more season ticket holders today than there were 10 years ago and now the stadium fits the size of the market with them covering seats but it just isn't going well. The Jaguars need to get to the playoffs this year. They just have to. Things aren't looking good.