View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 07:39 PM

Default Re: 50nl flopped 2nd nuts OOP

I really dislike the entire line, and with respect to Derosnec who is da man, this just screams JQ to me by the time we get to the end. I know we should be thinking in terms of ranges, but seriously, by the time he raises river I think his range looks like this: {JQ}. Up till then, his range is wider than the Grand Canyon, but at the end, JQ is it IMO.

On river, shoving is HORRIBLE IMO. To be honest, I don't think a fold is horrible to save $17: I think we need 20% equity (my head-sums suck), and I don't think we're anywhere close to that. And I NEVER fold sets.

Anyway, the damage is done by then: hero has failed to play his strong hand for value on a flop that to me looks like it could get scary quick (which it did). I also think if you are going to c/r turn, you need to do it for more.

I lead flop, hope for raise from OP, overcards or a call from loads of stuff {JQ, TJ, AK, 6x, 7x, 8x, whatever}. The turn, maybe stack a donk, but actually in this case I think I just go again for a big bet - near pot.