View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: CFB Early Lines Thread (week of 10/8)

Just wondering, do you have a reliable web resource for injury information? It seems like it's really hard to find anything accurate. ESPN only catches the really major ones and even when looking at what looked to be a legitimate, regularly updated injury report, Richardson being out wasn't even mentioned.

I assume that for an Illinois game, you have local stuff to refer to, but it would be really helpful to just have a site you could look at and find all the relevant injuries. For instance, I didn't see that Urrutia was going to be out anywhere last week and wouldn't have bet Louisville if I had known.

FWIW, I am feeling shakier about the Iowa pick now. The fact that Iowa's D played so well against Wisconsin now seems more likely to be because that's the last game that Klinkenborg played than that they have a similar style to Illinois. Richardson doesn't seem to be that big of a factor since he's only started one game all season, but I can see how that's a bad matchup for Iowa too. I may end up just betting the first half line now and leaving the game line alone altogether.