View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Emotional Affairs

First things first. I want to have an emotional trist with you and your pretty toes Katy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I mean it in the most polite way possible. I think I'm in love!

I'm not a supporter of marriage. I think if you have to sign a contract to be committed to a relationship and its offspring, you are aren't worth the paper the contract is written on. It also goes against human nature/evoloution.

But, if you do make a commitment like this, there isn't a b&w answer. Lets say one person in a relationship decides to invest shared money in a stock without telling the other. Now the couple is exposed to financial investment risk. Is that fair? Maybe, but it depends on the size of the investment relative to the couple's net worth.

Basically, if a high school girl emotionally cheats on her BF of 1 month, that's far different than a 40 year woman with children having an emotional affair with a coworker. The risk to the current relationship and the spouse's ability to make new relationships are way different due to age and invesment (children, home, family, friends).