Thread: Why lock?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Why lock?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't use "support on the 2p2 Politics forum" as a metric for whether or not a candidate is doing something interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't the claim. That they wouldn't get support if they werem't interesting doesn't mean that if they were interesting they would get support--only that they could.

By the way, is any other candidate actually doing something interesting?

[/ QUOTE ]

All of them are campaigning and issuing statements on a daily basis. The content of those speaches are interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Specifically?

[ QUOTE ]
I suspect you think Ron Paul's statements are "interesting" because you agree with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll grant you at least a partial point there, but I also find Kusinich (sp?) interesting, yet don't agree with him much at all. If every other candidate was saying the same thing, Paul (and DK) would cease to stand out as interesting. The other candidates, however, are rather homogenic. The republicans all want to make the Bush tax cuts permanent... a couple support the FairTax, which is interesting... secure the borders...support the troops...wave the flag. The democrats want "better" healthcare and they didn't really support the war...

snore.