Default Re: Emotional Affairs

[ QUOTE ]
Online banter is ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

yah

[ QUOTE ]
What about flirting?

[/ QUOTE ]

as i said before intent, matters but in theory know b/c harmless flirting exists.

[ QUOTE ]
Cyber sex?
Phone sex?

[/ QUOTE ]

no good

[ QUOTE ]
If you're on a business trip and she's horny for a night, would you be ok with her reading an erotic story online while she takes care of things?

But not ok if she participates in an essentially interactive story via cybersex? Why the difference? She's alone in both cases, reading text in both cases.

[/ QUOTE ]

the book is fine b/c she's masturbating, but when we start talking about cybersex/phone sex the fact that it's interactive is what makes a difference to me. i guess you are technically masturbating during phonesex/cybersex, but i think it's a gray area-- someone is actively influencing your level of arousal (obv much more so during cybersex). if she can have cybersex/phonesex with him, then why can't she have it w/me; i would be more than willing to accomodate her needs. i think it is more clear in the case of phone sex b/c hearing someone is more erotic than reading what they are saying. so i would consider it to be worse if she had phone sex w/someone else than cybersex, but cybersex would still bother me. i would rank (> means greater offense) physical interaction > phonesex > cybersex

[ QUOTE ]
It's ok to have a line, but two people may have different ideas on where that line is. If you're going to wait until the event occurs (i.e. "know it when I see it") then you'd best also be prepared to forgive and recognize she may not have realized she crossed a line because you both have different ideas on where that line is.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is true, but i don't think phonesex is a good example. cybersex is a better one though

edit: also i feel like i should note that i'm not married.