View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 01:20 PM

Default let draws see turn cheap for better fold equity?

ok this is jsut an idea. but i play in a 1/2 game at a local card room. and its the biggest game in town. $100 min/max buy in. a lot of people call all ins with flush draws on the flop bcause of the min/max buy in is $100. so they wanna double up and play or go broke and buy back in.

example

hero= K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
villain= Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

flop K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
he will call a large bet here. but then he has pot odds to call all in on turn

turn 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
now with a big bet here he would fold and i take the small pot i built up.
now would it be a good idea for instance to lead out small on the flop and let them see a cheap turn so they would be more likely to fold on the turn with a big bet because there percentage to hit gets cut in half?

i know in general you would want him to call an all in here because 60% of the time ill take it. but i mean 40% the flush will hit and i go broke and double the guy up. now im tilting a bit and could lose more .

just a theory to stop getting sucked out on