View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Doing well in multiple B&Ms; Poor in one

Maybe sample size is more of an issue than I thought, though I'm between 30 and 40K hands for the place in question.

As for the poster who asked when the money goes in, it typically is in either pre-flop or on the flop. The problem is it is mostly against bad players who are already shortstacked from previous hands, and if I have, for example, AK, and the flop comes A J 6 rainbow, and a guy to act in front of me goes all in for about 1/2 - 2/3 the size of the pot, I'm calling there every time. This type of scenario happens a lot at this place (players are always shortstacked and then min-rebuying), and more times than not, they have hands like J 9, and turn or river a 9. Over the course of a session (only 2 or 3 times), I'm down at least one buy in. This type of thing happens significantly less at the other places, which makes me think it's the players.

If there is some sort of adjustment I'm not making for this kind of play, I'd love to know about it. Because the only thing I can see to do differently would be to fold to their all in bets when I know I have the best of it. In the meantime, I'll check the other threads on winrate, etc, as suggested by the last poster to see if there is anything I'm missing.