View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 11:08 AM

Default Re: Flopped nut full vs tough villain, deep ($5/5)

[ QUOTE ]
Rempel,

I agree with what you are saying about the other QQ hand, which I really didn't like at all. Although I would reraise with this particular QQ hand vs *everyone* I don't think just calling is that bad a play. The reasoning behind just calling is the bad thing.

Considering <font color="green">*****</font> was being backed only a month or so ago, unless he found $50,000 on the floor, he is either rushing, or has discovered my old friend, winner's tilt. I suspect that explains more than some of this stuff.

gl

bdd

<font color="green">No names, please. Write somebody a private message if you have a suggestion for them, please.
Buzz</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sir, I've heard via Dave Gardner that you are a knowledgeable man and one to be respected, and his opinion always goes in my book. However, in this situation, I can't just defer to yours. As I say again, the QQ reraise is mostly a function of the tables I'm playing and the idea that I can achieve a bigger edge given my exact stack size by jamming. It may not be correct, but as you saw I got a sizeable edge that I may not have been able to play with postflop. It somehow got two people to play massively badly against me and stack sizes postflop were perfect to take advantage of it. The lack of a 3bet here is only a function of 'I don't want to discourage an overlay from the bad players so that I can get it HU in a reraised pot, with position or not, with a good player.' I don't see what's so hard to understand about that logic; it's not my own, in any case, I believe it's Caro's. What do I gain by a 3-bet? It tells him 'I have a nice hand' while all I know about his is that he was willing to raise pre and call a reraise, which given how deep we are he might do with his whole raising range. I don't gain bupkes other than a bigger pot in position, which I agree is worth something, but perhaps lose a small amount by making a raise which is in accordance with the fact that I have a very playable big pair and have no info on his hand.

I may well be 'rushing', and I'm sure there is a small part of 'winner's tilt', but my preflop game is still one of the best around, not that that counts towards a whole hell of a lot, and I really don't appreciate you talking about me in my own thread without addressing me directly. In any case, my own handle on how I'm playing is accurate enough that I don't need criticism from you that is based on two hand histories, when I don't even think you're right.