View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Basic Question - High Ante\'s No Fold\'em 7Stud

My statement about tightening up in loose games has to do ONLY with games that are wild preflop - if you can get 5 players to come along preflop while you and another player cap, then you should be playing SUPER tight and you will profit. This game I play in CA is often like that if the right people are there. Bet, raise, call call call re-raise, cap, call call call, everyone checks flop.

You have to be aware of table conditions because loose games have subtle shifts and missing it can cost you money. Who's on tilt? Who's down to their last 5bb and is about to shove it all in? Who's been berated enough that they're going to at least *try* to play well for 20 hands. Who pays attention to do, and who doesn't?

I'm kind of assuming this is live, also, since you don't see TOO much of this online... if so read Mike Caro's Book of Tells. It's not *quite* as relevant to limit games because there is less on the line with each bet, but I have found it helpful. It should be noted that some naive players have very strong REVERSE tells, that is, their hand is the opposite of what the tell indicates. Also beware the old guys playing stud whose hands shake constantly - it does not mean they have a big hand [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]