Thread: theory question
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 09:25 AM

Default Re: theory question

[ QUOTE ]
You are overlooking the risk that, if you just call, the villian will not put in any further chips unless his hand becomes better than yours, and also that you are not able to push him off bottom pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all that you've said, just more strongly than you do. However, I do disagree with the above quote. If we call here villian has had the final say preflop and is representing a hand far, far greater than he has. He will therefore continuation bet nearly every flop. Crucially, if the flop comes K,J,4 he'll usually c-bets and if we push him AI he'll usually fold even though he's ahead - he'd need a very good read to call here with just 5 outs and in the knowledge he could be drawing thinner or dead already.

In short I think he'll bluff more chips on the flop often and I also think he'll not showdown with less than two-pair very often. This is our key advantage - the fact that he'll bluff often, not showdown much and (crucially) that he'll bluff/semi-bluff but still fold to our re-bluff even though he won't know he's just made a major mistake.