View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Blind Date Set-Up

[ QUOTE ]
All,

I'm surprised a number of people appear to be having such a hard time grasping the fact that something strange to them could be perfectly normal in another cultural group.

[/ QUOTE ]
ElD,
I think what is strange is to just get a phone number and call this girl outta the blue- with the expectation that a date should be set up. I understand the cultural part to a degree- from the midwest part, my parents are always wanting to set me up...however their taste is not mine. In the past, i have been called, when expecting it, and it never goes well. Maybe the guy is nervous like OP. But i'm the easiest person to converse with and so i think they guy chokes. But it leaves this pathetic aftertaste in my mouth, so i squirm outta any plan that might be trying to get set up.

IF OP really wants to do this, then i think El D has the best lines to open a conversation. El D you need to give him advice for 'if' she says no...or isn't really responsive in the beginning. I want at all costs to not have this happen again:

[ QUOTE ]
Last time something like this happened I called the girl, said hi my name is eddie your mom gave my dad your #, were u expecting my call, she said no, this was followed by like 5 seconds of akward silence n I finnaly said oh ok I gues bye then. None of us wanna repeat that.

[/ QUOTE ]