View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 01:30 AM

Default Re: **Official** uNL Microbrew Thread - October

I always think I am playing the best when I'm completely sober. smoking weed is nuetral or thin +EV. Playing on benzos or opium is waaaaay -EV.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i smoke the most while I gamble...I wont be able to quit without significantly cutting down on poker [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicotine is one of the few chemical compounds on the planet that has been shown through research to enable the synapses to fire at a faster rate. Basically chaining while playing poker actually enables you to think better and analyze the flow of information faster. The downside of this is that while most people don't realize that they are thinking better while they are under the influence of nicotine they do notice that performance has decreased when performing the same activity without nicotine and since humans have a distinct tendency to develop a strong psychological addiction to things that enhance our performance in those activities in which we regularly engage, we are much less likely to give up the substance and suffer that lack of performance.

So does anybody think that I should get the custom title of "Walking Encyclopedia"?

[/ QUOTE ]