View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 12:47 AM

Default Re: 10$ S&G: Playing top pair on a flushy board.

[ QUOTE ]
Well - it's t30 and pretty freaking early to worry about chips. Some guy comes at me when I'm holding top pair top kicker with a flush draw I'll let him have it.

Chips at this point in the game are meaningless and there is no reason to continue to play the hand.

Why - Because he might hit his flush and I'm sitting there with a silly grin on my face with top pair and no chips.

People play the wrong game in SNGs early. They seem to think winning chips is meaningful and forget that if they lose the hand they lose the tournament. IF they win the hand they can still lose the tournament.

My motto is
Survive, Accumulate, Destroy! You are still in the survive section of the SNG.

I know 90% of you will no come back and say you must make him pay for his flush draw. But . . . . . you did and where did that get you. Unless you have a lock on the hand, I will fold to aggression and suck outs at this point in a SNG.

[/ QUOTE ]

"I hate everything... about the way you choose to be..."

Leading or c/r'ing this flop I'm not sure which is better, depends on the guys I guess, but if I'm c/r'ing flop I'm shoving like every single turn . Since villain overpotted the flop I'm less likely to put him on a flush draw so I wouldn't be too afraid of the turn.