View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 09:06 PM

Default Re: NL25 - Small pot poker... don\'t know what I\'m doing wrong

Okay, I've read the responses now, and I'm going to explain my response for #4, which goes something like this:

If you're playing low PPs strictly for set value HU versus a PFR, you're not going to make enough money those times you flop your set to make up for all the times you miss, especially against someone who c-bets regularly. Do you guys really stack your opponent HU nearly every time you flop a set? I don't even come close to doing so.

I know we weren't given any reads here, but I would rather fold my PP preflop than fold to a c-bet against an unknown on this rag flop (that also even handed us a gutshot, in addition to quite likely the best hand versus overs).

Meanwhile, our turn bet is frequently going to take it down once we're checked to. Granted, a better hand is unlikely to fold, and worse hands won't call often, but hand protection does count for a little something. (I'll admit, though, that the turn might've brought an over to Villain's better PP and also might've inspired a tricky "good fortune" check from Villain with AQ, and these are reasons to think about checking, but on, say, a 2d turn and a check from Villain, I definitely like a bet.)

Edit: Anyway, A73, K94, and even QT6 flops are good ones to fold on HU to a 2/3 pot c-bet from an unknown when holding a low PP that missed, but I don't think this one is.