View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Emotional Affairs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Given my nature, being "just friends" would be really hard for me if it's someone I'm emotionally and physically attracted to, so I just don't associate with those women at all. So, I suppose, for me, no opposite sex friends unless I find them repugnant [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems more fair and wise -- proscribing behavior for oneself, based on knowledge of one's own limitations, rather than someone else. An individual solution to an individual question, rather than a blanket rule for all or flat statement that things work the same for everyone.

A knowledge of one's limitations is a good thing, even if the limitations themselves are unfortunate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I coming off as cynical when I say that this is unfortunate on some levels if it is the "best" way of looking at it....because most people are entirely unaware of their own limitations?

Is that me being observant of society or not giving them enough credit?

I do agree though. I think that it is a wonderful way to avoid bad situations, especially regarding emotional affairs. If you know your own limitations, truly, then you really can't go wrong as long as you're smart enough not to try and say, "Oh, well this can be an exception...." Because then you're in trouble.