View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: new forum: Coaching/Training

[ QUOTE ]
TT,

Since it appears you coach and to one degree or another know more than us regular posters where does the site now stand on coaching discussion - especially discussing competitor sites like Cardrunners.

If the question came up i and many others would recommend CR over Stox simply due to their huge backcatalog (end shill, lol); but if i was Stox and was paying 2+2 to have this forum i wouldnt want the rest of the site recommending any other site or service like those you and goofy offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its simple actually. Users can recomend anything they want. Owners/operators/employees can respond when others ask about their services as long as it doesn't become spammy. Owners/operators/employees cannot start their own threads because that is blatant spam.

As a coach (I only have a handful of students, its not my main priority) I actually recommend that the student joins a video coaching site in addition to the one-on-one coaching. I support and recommend the student explore each of the major three sites and determine for themselves where the best fit is, sometimes that will include a subscription to more than one service. My Razz coaching videos are hosted at Deuces Cracked, because not only are we friends (I am also friendly with Stox for what its worth) but I also love their single-table one-one-one style so they have more time to discuss concepts and hand reading but there is no doubt that Stox is fantastic at multitabling and high limit vids. I was a huge supporter of Stox in the early days and I was also a member of Card Runners; in fact my style of play is very similar to Stoxtrader's thought process. Although I work with Deuces Cracked, my opinion just goes to show that there is plenty of room for multiple options - there is more than enough to go around.