View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 05:41 PM

Default Re: *** Official Fantasy Football Start\'em/Sit\'em Thread: OCTOBER ***

OK, I have another dilemma.

I thought it would be sweet to pick only from teams that had a Week 6 Bye. Here is my current starting lineup followed by bench.

QB - Huard/Croyle (Will pick up Croyle if Huard can't go)
QB - Empty
RB - Jacobs
RB - Thomas Jones
WR - Torry Holt
WR - Bobby Engram
WR - Andre Davis
TE - Chris Cooley
K - Nick Folk
D - Houston

Bench:

Kitna
Cutler
Addai
Selvin Young
Harrison

For some reason the commish of the league thought having 10 teams start 2 QBs each was a great idea. So I picked up Huard last week, but now he might not play. On the wire there's Croyle, Lemon, Frerotte, Tarvaris and Matt Moore. If that isn't the most unattractive group of free agents, I don't know what is.

Also on the Waiver Wire is Santonio Holmes, who was dropped a couple days ago and is on the wire until Thursday. Now, I think I have two options.

1) Play for the win. Drop my kicker and pick up Moore if he starts or Lemon if he doesn't. I can't drop any of my guys on bye, of course, but I have 5 of them and only 4 bench spots. This would also mean I don't try and grab Holmes.

2) Say eff it. I'm 2-3 right now. Take the loss, go 2-4, try and grab Holmes for Folk and play with one QB, and then starting Week 7, play with a very solid lineup and hope to squeak into the playoffs.

I'm heavily leaning option 2. What do you say?