View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: A situation I rarely see.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... Anyway, I completed and BB raised and everyone called including me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't play 72o in the SB with everybody limping in. But if I did, this is where I would let it go.

I would play 72s or 75o or even 32o but I won't play 72o, 83o, 92o, etc. because there is no straight potential. But, as above, I would let them go for a raise by the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

From an odds standpoint I can't fold after it gets raised and called back to me since I am getting the same odds as when I called in the first place and I am closing the action. I have no delusions of having the best hand and realize I will need to get awful lucky to win here. I guess an argument could be made that since the pot is big I could get stuck for more bets post flop as I did, however, if that is the case then I should have folded in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are getting the same odds but it is a very different situation. You are now more likely to be against an overpair to both your cards, so a two pair is less likely to win.

And everybody is going to chase to the river now with a pair because the pot is now huge (including yourself!!!).

Assume you hit two pair on the flop - there is no way to protect your hand. If you bet out and are raised everybody is still getting odds to call gutshots and single pairs.
Similarly, the raise priced in gutshots on the turn - and even if there aren't two bets on the flop, gutshots may very well call on the turn facing two bets.