View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 02:22 PM

Default Re: An Alternative Play When Inducing Bluffs/Bets

[ QUOTE ]
In the A4 hand there are tons of hands that he could c/r the flop with, allowing us to get in 1bb on the flop and turn. In the 77 hand, there are too many overcards that beat us and any opponent with a brain should realize that we're not folding the turn so I dont think you induce a bluff often enough for it to be correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

my examples are probably poor, so don't get bogged down by them.

also, as i stated this isn't a default strategy versus uknowns. your opponent needs to be fairly aggressive. as is stated(in reference to the 77 hand) the lower the pair, the more aggro the villain needs to be. for instance in the second example we would need to know villain is capable of 3barrelling pretty frequently to make it correct.

[ QUOTE ]
Its also really hard to balance. I dont want to be checking T9 on a A74 board just to balance the times that I check KK or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

as far as balance goes, it's really not that difficult to work in a couple flop checks here and there. it doens't necessarily need to be a HU situaion to balance it, either.

it's kind of funny how alot(not necessarily you) 2p2ers will not take issue with checking behind on the turn in some situations because it's a generally accepted 2p2 practice, but doing something that is unorthodox like checking the flop freaks them out to the point they just won't even consider it.