View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Official SSSH LC/NC Thread for October!

So I'm in the middle of a 200BB downswing right now and there has been little tilt, so I think I can more clearly see what I do when I'm running bad now that I've removed most of the impatient tilty play:

1) I call down too much. I call down with A high against LAGs because I think they are always bluffing, even when the board is no good. I call down loose passives, or even raise them when they donk and I have A high.
2) I overestimate my equity with marginal hands or overcards and raise.
3) I make some hero folds against loose passives when they donk the river in huge pots and then have to learn the big pot lesson all over again when I see they had a worse 2 pair.

Pre-flop has been good still, but post-flop I just start getting to showdown too much with marginal hands (and sometimes that means raising.) I guess I'm falling into that mode where I call when I shouldn't because I just start accepting that I'm going to lose (Tommy Angelo talks about this.) It's not like I could not be losing during this stretch, but I'm sure I could have saved about 50BB along the way somewhere.

I've had 2 300+BB downswings in the last year and a few 200BB downswings as well. If this turns into 300+BB that's not going to help my confidence. I'm still up overall, but that seems like too many big downswings for the amount I play (probably 150K.)