View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: 100 buyin brm... your thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Play with however many buy-ins you want, just be prepared to move down faster if you play with less. Personally I think people are crazy who lose 20+ buy-ins at a single limit without moving down. And if you're not gonna let yourself lose that many buy-ins before moving down, why have such a ridiculously huge roll in the first place?

I prefer playing with a shorter roll. First I think it makes me play a little better since the stakes matter more, and second if I'm on a big downswing, I'm probably better off moving down for a while anyways.

I also cash out frequently and don't really consider that part of my "bankroll" per se. I play for a living, and therefore I think I need a big cushion for living expenses, etc. If online poker died tomorrow, I could live for probably 2-3+ years without significantly altering my lifestyle with no income, even if my online money was unavailable. This is important to me, and for that reason I don't think of my offline money as bankroll. I'd rather move way down than redeposit - and if that happened there's probably a reason I lost that much money in the first place that redepositing wouldn't fix.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a good post

[/ QUOTE ]