View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 11:51 AM

Default Re: How do I Tell a Girl that she Smells Bad?

[ QUOTE ]
I had a very similar problem in my game store. We had a customer who was more important to the bottom line than any other, he was about 10 years old and dropping up to $1k/week.

the thing was he smelled like ass. It was horrible, like he [censored] his pants, and all the time too. Eventually, it started to be really disruptive to the other customers.

Oh, and I never resolved the issue, either. eventually, his mom bought some company in another state and moved away. I had decided to approach her with the line "i'm concerned that some of the kids are making fun of him b/c he smells" but was really worried she would take super offense like I was critiquing her abilities as a mother.

anyway, that story didn't really offer up any advice, but at least you can know that I empathize with you.

FWIW, there is no way I'd say anything to this woman if I were you. Let it work itself out at her job or somewhere else. It will work out eventually. If you do go with a confederate, have him/her follow her somewhere else and confront her. DO NOT let it happen in your bar unless you've decided it's worth it for her not to come back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if this was the same 10 year old kid in my store yesterday asking his dad if he could bring his Iphone AND Ipod to the horse show.