View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 11:10 AM

Default Omaha 8 pot limit

Hi All, I need some advise. I have been playing this private game Omaha 8 pot limit for over a year. Blinds 1 and 2 dollars. I have made over 6,200 in last year playing once a week. We buy in for 110.00 (ten for the vfw club) Now in last 5 weeks we have a new gentleman (84 years old, but sharp) and he seems to play a little lose BUT buys in for 300.00 to start. Now he has beat the game 4 times out of 5 and for about 400-600 each time. He does not shuffle cards we take turns and hand them to dealer which cuts them and deals(one of our players). My wife (poker player) seen the difference in my wins almost none(I have been in a rut with bad cards I will admit) But she says as I told here he will raise a lot to say 7 or 10 dollars almost each time after we post our blinds and if you are going bad he drags you down with him. She said I am disadvantaged(all of us) because we let him but in for 300.00 to start the game with or we have another guy that will buy in for maybe 200-300 if he blows the first 100.00 buy in and seems to win after that. They both push their weight around with the extra chips it seems. The fear of what they could do with the extra cash is and advantage over regular 100.00 buy in players we believe. I agree now but is she right? They went no limit here in Florida(state law ) and the pots went from betting 1 and 2 bets with maybe 20.00 pots to as high as 350,000 they were bring in bags of money. So all poker houses went to a 100.00 buy in to make the field level. Granted when we win we can shove our stacks in if you win and build it. Ps if you know any good reading or articles on pot limit Omaha 8 please let me know I read everything I can find on whatever I game play. Harry. I will check here or you can email me at <font color="black"> </font> harryendres@comcast.net