View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Flopped nut full vs tough villain, deep ($5/5)

Dude. In the other thread, my queens rated to be good, and as you saw I can still outplay my opponents on the flop. I can get enough of my stack in with a good enough hand there to let the rest of the hand play itself out and take up a small but significant edge.

I certainly don't think slammeri is a better player than me. Nevertheless, he's strong. My line of thinking that you've just quoted is completely standard. It's pretty basic poker, in fact. It doesn't work all the time in omaha because it's much easier to find a hand to overcall with OOP than in holdem, but I don't want to give a bad player an excuse to fold any hand. Like I said, why on earth would I want to isolate a good player and force out the weak players? If it was a weak or average player coming in for a raise and I've got average or good players behind me, I'm 3betting basically any hand I'm willing to play at this stack depth.

And I'm certainly not 'giving up before the hand even started unless you flop big.' I'm raising him with air on this flop a good % of the time, as I've already said.