View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 04:43 AM

Default Re: Why is There Flags All Over My Yard

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you came out of it well, but losing everything you owned is not the correct way to phrase it when you were properly insured.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I had a whole house full of stuff, and then 8 hours later, my whole house full of stuff was somewhere in the Gulf, and I no longer had my stuff.

I was properly insured, but that doesn't change that I lost everything I owned....especially those things you just can't properly insure or replace...ie, collectibles, photos, and other 'precious memories'.

[ QUOTE ]

There were a lot of people who weren't.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's their own damn fault.

Christ....a few people in my neighborhood failed to buy insurance, and we lived on the water. I just can't feel sorry for the folks who lived next to the Gulf, or even worse, next to a levee 9-feet below sea level....and then they chose not to buy insurance, thinking "they didn't need it".

And in may not be in the news much outside of the affected areas, but many of these folks are getting federal grants of up to $150k to cover their losses if they didn't have insurance....so if you think someone who is properly insured didn't "lose everything" because they got the monetary value back...then I suppose nobody lost anything.

BTW...they're using your tax money in giving folks $150k for failing to spend their own money on proper insurance.

And the people who had proper insurance don't get a dime of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love you.

My current roomates are displaced from the hurricane and they bitch constantly about how the goverment screwed them. It came up only once, but I asked "Where you insured?" Reply "No." Then I asked "Didn't you think you might want insurance living at or below sealevel in a hurricane zone?"
One of them said they didn't need it, which I just didn't have the heart to point out the obvious.

As a sidenote both of them received government money, haven't bought new land/apartments and still complain about how screwed they were.

Glad to hear that there is some logic do it, the way they tell it no one is getting a dime and Bush made the hurricane in his backyard for them.