View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 02:54 AM

Default Re: PokerFink\'s 2007 NFC Rankings (Week 5)

[ QUOTE ]
This is good stuff. When does Washington play Dallas? I'm impressed by the Redskins defense, tremendously. They beat down and stopped the Lions from doing anything which is, believe it or not, a difficult task. The Lions have played good on offense in every game until this one including against the Eagles for most of the time except when JT O'Sullivan got snaps for Kitna against Vikes. The Redskins dominated the line of scrimmage, getting pressure without blitzing and the Lions couldn't do anything. IMO the offensive explosion is nice but not as important. This team matches up very well against everyone in the NFC.

The Packers perhaps played their best overall game and lost, to some degree. James Jones coughs it up twice and Nick Collins just doesn't cover Clark for easy touchdown along with Favre just giving Urlacher a gift followed by immediate td to Olsen. Bizarre turn of events. They ran the ball well for once and Favre was unstoppable through the first half. Offense seemed to play tighter in second half. I'm not sure what happened there.

Meanwhile the Bears didn't look very good again, kudos to Tillman for keeping the game alive. Griese did not make any huge mistake and made one excellent throw (Olsen td) but was unremarkable overall. If the defense can get healthy fast they can get back in it. Tommie Harris is clearly not close to 100% and Vasher is a big part as well. Urlacher got owned in the running game. Cedric Benson is almost totally worthless. At least Greg Olsen looks like a potential stud.

I think the Seahawks are in a bit of trouble. Deion Branch is out for a while, right? At least Burleson has played well so maybe no significant drop off. But, Alexander is almost officially washed up. Don't think this team can rely on the pass. Hasselbeck isn't quite good enough and seems to have regressed as well. The defense has to carry the team, I just don't buy it.

Tampa got destroyed by Indy, standard. I wouldn't hold it against them much. They still seem like a good team at this point IMO. Injuries are starting to become an issue. Carnell Williams and Michael Pittman are the most replaceable players in the NFL, prob, lol so no big deal. I heard some rumor about Mewelde Moore being available. Tampa should be all over this, he fits that system excellent and IMO would improve over all of their injured players. Garcia is still playing well enough. Now that Carr is starting I think they basically have a lock on the division unless Garcia implodes or gets hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree with all of this. Can't believe Dallas won today. With Dallas losing, and losing next week to NE, and Wash winning vs Greenbay (who they match up well against, amazing secondary vs all pass offense), Skins could have been in 1st [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].