View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Watch Out For Ron Paul

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Your tone implies that this is all some sort of elaborate level, but that seems not to be the case...

[/ QUOTE ]

Some folks in this thread implied habeas corpus was dead, or that it no longer offered protection for citizens....but everything I could find indicates it is most definately still in effect for citizens....and I'm just trying to figure out how just "anyone" can be detained without charges if habeas corpus is still in effect.

But, naturally, I can't seem to get any sort of direct answer, just a bunch of rhetoric.

Sort of like when I ask for a list of what "freedoms" have been taken a way, because I sincerely would like to know since I don't keep up with things day-to-day and I haven't noticed any missing....and it's usually answered with "a bunch of them!" or "ones that you wouldn't even notice!"....

Not trying to employ any elaborate level...just looking for some simple answers.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is my understanding that habeas corpus may be denied to immigrants, including lawful permanent residents, at the government's whim.

Just because it hasn't happened, doesn't mean that it won't happen since it is apparently legally authorized.

I've always been skeptical of government granting itself power via legislation. Why would they give themselves the authority if they didn't intend to use it at some time?

You might trust them a bit more. That's fine; you should do whatever feels most right to you.