View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: MNF Football: Cowboys vs. Bills

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think its pretty obvious the Bills would MUCH rather give up the shot at a 53-yarder by a rookie than give up something big deep or down the middle with all their guys watching the sideline. Kid's just got ice in his veins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations, you are officially the the dumbest poster in the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

It got lost in quick reply, but I was responding to someone who said Buffalo should have put 4 or 5 guys on each sideline. Plus, if you think that was an easy play to defend at all, you're insane. You've got TO and Crayton, I'd much rather force them to dump it off and try from 50+ with a rookie than let them get deep anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess I would just put my entire defense on the sidelines instead of just saying "don't let anything get deep, we'll give them 3 yards and make him kick it deeeeeep if they catch it."

I guess all those years of playing football in high school and college haven't taught me anything, especially since I've played both as a defensive back and a kicker. I must not know anything about how the game is played, and neither do the coaches who always say "we're not going to give up the deep ball, we'll give them 2 or 3 if they catch it".

Look at it this way...would you rather have their kicker kicking a 53-yarder or a 40-yarder? Also note his career long is 47 in the pros, and he's a rookie. I know which one I'd pick.