View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 10:11 PM

Default Re: (NLTRN) Poo Bah Post: An Introduction to the 25-50 Blind Level

Postflop maneuverability/edge is greater when you commit less to the pot preflop.

You can raise many more hands and if they even fold a small % of the time they are playing very incorrectly against your strategy.

Also, it makes it very tough to 3-bet correctly against a constant minraiser in the 25-50, almost nobody I play does it correctly.

But the main reason for it is so you can actually use your tremendous edge postflop against your opponent, as you improve your game that should be where your edge becomes greatest, postflop (except in 50-100 level, though against some you can have a huge edge postflop in 50-100). Raising to 125 or 150 constantly in this level commits too much to the pot preflop, except in unique situations (for the 150 at least it is rare imo), limiting your ability to take advantage of your opponent postlfop.

Fish are still going to call over raises with too light of hands on the river, they're still going to overbet-bluff or overbet-shove the pot, you're just risking less and able to see more flops to take advantage of the horrible leaks players have in these games.

Don't get me wrong, coming up I raised 125-150 in this level until I got around 900 chips, only recently have I basically been minraising almost always. I feel it gives me a tremendous advantage in terms of hand reading and postflop play. It also has a fair advantage preflop, most importantly that it is almost impossible to exploit.