View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Bush\'s 4th veto of his presidency is a good one

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's also a really easy sell when people can glance across the Atlantic and see the real cost to them of the alternative. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go ahead, give us the calculation. And the 'alternative' isn't viable since you are free-riding on the americans' cost to develop new drugs.

natedogg

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I think it might be the corporations who are free-riding on the rest of us. Sorry, you - we haven't entirely fallen for it, although our politicians are busy lining their pockets trying to persuade us and the pharmaceutical spin industry is alive and well. We can't see how salesmen and CEOs need to earn so much more than the scientists to safeguard drug discovery, or indeed why they waste so much money bringing me-too drugs to market instead of on genuine drug discovery, but I'm sure you can enlighten us.

You can prolly explain why it's a good idea that they cheat so much too. Can't be anything to do with the almighty dollar, that would be ludicrous. HARLOT plc: an amalgamation of the world's two oldest professions