View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Is one month enough to be a winning player at 0.25/0.5 Omaha high?

[ QUOTE ]
I've been playing NLHE for a long time. I'm tired of it - and the games have gotten sufficiently tough that it is a grind (I don't feel like I can make easily make 1k+ day playing 2/4 NLHE anymore).

These two things prompted me to start playing PLO. My observation so far is that the PLO games are much, much softer than NLHE games at the same levels. People do amazingly donkish things in PLO all the time with fullish stacks while it is much less common to see extreme full stack donkishness in middle stakes NLHE games these days. I've been playing PLO seriously now for less than 2-weeks and I'm already convinced I have a huge edge in the games I'm playing. Statistically this edge is probably hard to quantify, but I know I'm not getting outplayed much. I'm winning 11.21 PTBB/100 over 4k hands ($5.7k) playing stakes ranging from $0.5/1 PLO to $5/10 PLO and not even running particularly well. I'm convinced that it is possible for a good poker player to be an instant winner in today's PLO games.

Lucky

[/ QUOTE ]

ive had the same experience, i won a lot of money at 25/50 - 200/400 NLHE but got a little bored so i started playing PLO about a week ago, read some books and played maybe 2k hands total before that. jumped into the 25/50 game on stars and was a huge winner from the start, now after 12k hands i run at 12.5 ptbb/100, could be just running good but i dont think so because i get my money in good a lot of the time, while picking up many small/medium sized pots. still making a few mistakes here and then so theres definatly room for improvement.

cliff notes: yes, if you are a very strong NLHE player it should be fairly easy to pick up PLO and be winning right from the start.