View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Ask Me About Being a Police Officer

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if you have a partner, but if you did, and your partner did something very illegal (like say totally lied on a police report to put somebody in jail who he didn't like), would you turn him in? Are police sort of like a band of brothers where you don't rat on each other etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a certain partner. I work with whoever works the next shift. However, if they lied, I would definitely say something to someone. I already have, but it wasn't anything extreme. One night I was the secondary officer and we got a guy DUI. At the court hearing, some of the things the officer was saying weren't accurate (on our side) and he incorporated me as if I agreed with him on some things. I never agreed to anything, and he made it look like I was inexperienced. It has rubbed me the wrong way since that court hearing and it has given me a different view of him. I did talk to other people about it, but it wasn't anything too extreme. In your case, I would probably stop the officer first and make him think about what he is doing.