View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Ask Me About Being a Police Officer

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I have never seen those blue/black stickers so I don't know. I do treat everyone respectfully with honesty. If I have dealt with someone many times and know their attitude, I will tighten the clamp a little bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find the thin blue line stickers extremely repulsive, that being said, I have thought about trying to acquire one, or manufacture my own.

[ QUOTE ]

For family members, it is just accepted that they can be left go with verbal warnings. Traffic violations are not the end of the world. It is just the world of law enforcement and a benefit to those involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you realize that for a lot of people this is why they tend to think of cops as "dicks"?

Police officers are sworn to uphold the law, and are supposed to be taught that the law is to be applied evenly to everyone. Doing something like letting a spouse go on a speeding ticket just because they are a spouse of another officer just really rubs me the wrong way.

And I think it goes against the entire idea of "equal protection under the law".

Respond to my criticisms if you wish, but I realize they are a bit trollish and don't want to derail your thread because you do genuinely seem like a pretty decent police officer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me ask you this, if you and a friend were both police officers and you caught his wife or g/f speeding, what would you do?