View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 03:37 PM

Default How Did I Play This Wrong?

Okay, brand new to forums, this is my first post; be gentle.

I'm an avid PLO8 player, and decided this past weekend to make the move over to PLO, as I've heard/read it's more profitable (since you're not splitting half?).

I played well throughout the weekend, starting low stakes on Absolute. I sat down at the .05/.10 tables with $4 and my first two runs was up $16.

After starting with $4, and building up to $18, an interesting hand occured:

Ah10h4s4d with a min bet preflop. Two additional players saw the flop of 2hQs4d. Player A, UTG, bets the pot, player B calls, I'm player C with middle set. I raise $3, player A reraises another $3, player B calls ($6), and I'm left deciding whether or not he has QQ.

I make the decision that he doesn't, and I push all-in for my remaining $9 (both players had me covered). Player A pushes all-in for an additional $9, and player B calls us both.

I show my set, player A showes Qd2d4d9s while player C showed 3h5cKsKc.

A king falls on the turn, and a blank on the river. Player C takes all my money with a turned set.

Did I play this wrong? Should I have put player A on QQ and folded? Was I at horrible odds with my middle set anyway?

I'm new to the game, and just trying to determine how I could have, or should have, played the hand.

Thanks!